Sunday, June 30, 2013

The First Week So Far

The last week had been such a blessing to me and my 'mythological' life.

As a stay-at-home boy and a total geek, I didn't have many people with whom I can share my thoughts about a seemingly nerdy and boring subject very dear to my heart... that is, MYTHOLOGY. Ever since I was 9 years old, I have felt the 'ichor' flowing through my veins, seeping through my soul and becoming part of my whole being. I've been living with myth and in myth for more than half of my life. And I regret nothing about it. In fact, I feel really really grateful to God (the one true God whom I adore and worship) for the gift of intelligence, as well as the fire of passion and enthusiasm, that He has endowed me with.

Unfortunately, only a few among everyone I know appreciate this.

This whole blogging thing isn't new to me. I had read many different blogs about different topics in the past, but it has never occurred to me to write one of my own just until recently. I am really thankful that I got to try it. This amazing piece of technology allowed me to open up that part of me which I often suppress out of fear of  feeling out of place, or ostracized. As what I've said, the topic on mythology and folklore are very close to me that I try to pour my heart out in every article that I post here. Thankfully, my efforts are not in left in vain.

I am really extremely happy that many people from around the world have already visited my blog, and share their thoughts on it. For the past week, I have had great conversations and discussions (even debates) about mythology, and I feel more than satisfied about them. Yes, it may not be easy and not practically (and financially) rewarding, but it is where and how I am happy.

And so, I want to thank everyone who has spared a little of their time to look into the thoughts of a geeky, aloof and jobless (I pray this one won't be for long) young man. I believe that upon reading my posts, I have shared with you a part of me. And I promise you that you can expect more interesting (?), informative and imaginative articles about the gods and goddesses of mythology from yours truly.

Again, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment